- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 14 oz smoked sausage, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tbs Kustom Spices Veggie
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kajun seasoning or Queso, plus more to taste
- 4 oz parmesan cheese freshly shredded, more as needed
- Italian Parsley garnish
1 Start with a large cooking pot that has a lid.
2 Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil over medium high heat.
3 Add sausage and continue to cook until lightly browned.
4 Add 4 cups water and veggie spice, heavy cream, dried pasta, and Kajun seasoning to pot.
5 Stir together and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
6 Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
7 Remove pot from heat and slowly stir in parmesan cheese.
8 Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional Kajun seasoning to taste